About Janet Whitworth
Contact Janet Whitworth | 828.768.1808
Asheville’s Top Sotheby’s Realtor
Asheville’s luxury real estate market is a lot like Asheville itself — soaring mountain views, hidden estates tucked away on winding roads, an eclectic blend of historical homes and modern mansions.
But it also comes with a particular set of challenges and idiosyncrasies — it wouldn’t be Asheville without a few quirks, after all.
I understand these intricacies — I was born here!
A Story of Success
I received my MBA from the University of South Florida, and after a successful career in corporate sales, I finally(!) returned home in 2001. Since then, I’ve seen Asheville grow from a tiny outpost to a thriving young city, sought after by professionals, creatives, and retirees alike.
In 2003, I made my first foray into luxury real estate as a sales executive for The Cliffs at Walnut Cove, a private golf community tucked into the Blue Ridge Mountains. During my five years there, I sold over $44 million in land and luxury homes, and was inducted into the exclusive ACES Circle of Excellence.
Then, I did something crazy.
In 2010, amidst one of the worst recessions in decades, I took my sales experience and my solid track record in luxury homes, and founded my own real estate agency, Whitworth Properties. With the market in flux like that, I decided to branch out and educate myself on other areas of real estate so I could diversify and serve a wider span of sellers.
Well, it worked, because with the help of one other broker, Whitworth Properties grew into one of the top 25 agencies in the Asheville area within 4 years.
When Premier Sotheby’s reached out to me to join their Asheville office in 2015, I knew it was meant to be. My passion and expertise, bolstered by the marketing power and elite reputation of Sotheby’s, has led to continued success in the Asheville and Hendersonville luxury real estate markets.
I believe in the power of verbal communication — the subtleties and complexities of luxury real estate just can’t be captured in a text message. When I’m with a client, I’m 100% tuned in to what they’re saying (and not saying).
My job is to listen to what a client wants and needs, and translate those things into tangible, achievable results.
In other words…
I make dreams come true.
- 9 years on City of Asheville’s Board of Adjustments
- Appointed by city council to the Historic Resources Commission
- President-Elect of the Rotary Club of Asheville
- A portion of my commissions support:
- My Rotary Club’s Tennent Scholarship for Asheville High Students
- Homeward Bound, helping the homeless achieve the security of their own home
Credentials & Accomplishments:
- Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist™ (CLHMS) designation
- Top 5% of all Asheville area realtors since 2005
- Graduate, REALTOR® Institute
- Top 100 REALTOR® recognition since inception in 2014
- Million Dollar Guild member, Institute for Luxury Home Marketing
- 30 years’ experience in corporate sales
- MBA, University of South Florida
- Luxury home realtor since 2003